Monday, March 28, 2011

Shatner is a Honorary Headbanger

The Revolver Golden God awards, one of the only awards for heavy music out in the big world of entertainment, decided that it would be a great idea to hand out honorary awards. In theory it might be a good idea if chosen are legendary people who directly influence the culture of heavy metal.

An Honorary Headbanger award will be issued this year to none other than William Shatner. You probably read earlier in the year about Shatner working with Zakk Wylde, but just curious if that makes him an integral part of metal music culture.

"Short of receiving an Emmy for my superb voice, the Honorary Headbanger Award is the next best thing. Praise be you won't hear me sing," said William Shatner.

I love the guy, I think what he did with "Rocket Man" was incredible, and he is a hell of a lot of fun to watch, but not sure where this idea came from. Last I checked, I loved me some Star Trek, but it did not make me metal, then again getting your trekkie ass kicked enough times will turn you to Slayer, so maybe it did. LONG LIVE SHATNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment