Wednesday, April 13, 2011

RECORD STORE DAY: Sat the 16th

If you are anything like me, i am a total merch whore. I typically reserve any extra cash for shows so I can buy shirts and vinyl, and hopefully provide a tank of gas for the band to get to the next gig. Record Store Day is another day that you should go out of your way to buy your favorite bands music on a real format, not digital, visceral, tactile, in you stupid hands forever kinda thing.
This celebration of the small record shops, or more aptly called record boutiques, if we want rich hipsters to partake, has bands creating some of their best merchandise of the entire year to inspire fans to lay down cash and keep the small box stores in business.
Whether you want the new Gaga 7in, or like me sticking to metal there are a ton of offerings. on the metal front, look for BTBAM's new album The Parallax (or at least 3 songs from it) on colored vinyl, a new DIO picture disc, Deftones Covers album, Neurosis S/T on 12" and I will be hunting down the Queen vinyl, don't judge me! For the full list of releases go HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment