Friday, September 16, 2011

Dave Mustaine to Undergo Neck Surgery

There were rumors flying around about the possible Megadeth pull out of the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium Wednesday, and apparently it was closer to reality than anyone had imagined. As you probably know, they played, but it was revealed during their set that Dave Mustaine was playing injured and in an interview with Rolling Stone was confired:
“We called yesterday and said I couldn’t make [the gig]. And then I thought about it and I thought, ‘You know what? I trust God and I know He’s got me in His hands. I know that He hasn’t brought me this far through all this diversity and done all this reconciliation with all the [other] bands [the bill] and us all getting along this well to have the finale show [of the 'Big Four' tour] here in the States stopped. And I just thought, either God’s everything or it’s nothing, and I believe in Him, so that’s why I’m here.”
Although in good spirits, the planned surgery may sideline their upcoming South American tour and put him out of commision for a while for recovery. Who knew headbanging was so dangerous? I gues all that flailing around will catch up to you, just ask Tom Araya...

No comments:

Post a Comment