Thursday, September 29, 2011

Polish Politician Has Death Metal Ad Campaign

I think I would totally vote for this guy, I don't even speak his language, well at least Polish...
Jedrzej Wijas, a candidate for parliament in Poland who is with the Democratic Left Alliance (SLD), has recorded a video ad with several local death metal musicians (including members of MORTAL GOD), "starring" as the group's lead vocalist. The clip, which was made available via Wijas' official Facebook profile, is a 46-second take on his views on secularity of the state and freedom of beliefs.
The lyrics are as follows: "End of the useless talking, Enough of the stupid wars, Secular government, Dignified life, Freedom, Is my goal, Vote wisely"
"During the election campaign, there are always spots being released where politicians are trying to show that politics is a fun, enjoyable process that is set to the political rhythm of disco music. In my spot I'm talking about serious issues that are important to me and do not sing that SLD is the best," he explained in an interview with TVN24.pl. He added, "I am trying to wake people up with this intense message."

No comments:

Post a Comment