Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Last GWAR recording with Cory Smoot Released

Cruzar Media and intergalactic shock rockers GWAR have teamed up to bring you a tribute to the DAYGLO ABORTIONS 1993 anti-censorship anthem "Isn't This Disgusting". The single will be included on the upcoming DAYGLO ABORTIONS tribute compilation, due next year.

"Isn't This Disgusting" was recorded by the late GWAR guitarist Cory Smoot (a.k.a. Flattus Maximus) at his Karma Productions studio in Virginia and now the track is being released in memory of Smoot. All proceeds from the single will go to the Smoot Family Fund.

Commented DAYGLO ABORTIONS guitarist/vocalist The Cretin: "This makes me feel like I have accomplished something with my life. It is a bigger compliment than any industry award or anything else I can think of. Bigger than recognition from peers. A pat on the back from the big boys."

Oderus Urungus added "The DAYGLOs have always been one of my favorite bands ever since we played a show with them 25 years ago. So when we heard about this project we were completely stoked, not just with the idea, but the song selected for us. It pretty much sums up my whole attitude. But I had no idea it would the last time I worked with Cory Smoot in the studio. This track has Cory's last studio leads, and as usual, they f-cking rip. Cory may have left us but his music will live forever. CRANK IT!"
"Isn't This Disgusting" is available now on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment