Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Randy Blythe Trial Postponed

Randy Blythe will return to the US this week as his trial has officially been delayed due to the illness of one of the defenses's key witnesses. According to a WTVR report more testimony will occur Thursday and the remainder of the trial will be delayed until March 4th, when Blythe is expected to return to Prague to finish out the proceedings. In a statement on his Instagram feed he says:  
Keep in mind that translation is difficult, and many things can be lost, for Czech is a VERY DIFFICULT language. So wait and see, as I am. It is all I can do, except be honest & fight for my freedom in my own way. I also have heard of some people (not on here) talking smack about the Czech Republic, saying “Fuck the Czech Republic”, etc. This not how it should be. This is a very sad case, not something to rage at people you do not know over. I am not angry with the Czechs at all. A fan of my band is dead- what do I have to be angry about? I am an INNOCENT man, but I am also a very sad man right now. To not be sad in this instance would be inhuman. But mad at the Czech people? Why would I be mad at them?
It looks like this drama will be stretched a little further, but Randy has been doing everything right and according to reports the public opinion appears to be in his favor recently. All the best, and hopefully this gets resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment