Monday, December 3, 2018

NO CONTROL Radio - Best Metal of 2018


Every year we try to organize twelve months of metal into on simple list of the best stuff heard on the airwaves. Not easy, it is subjective, and I attempt to be somewhat comprehensive in my approach, but truthfully it is just a contest for my attention and the music that I love. Hopefully you trust my taste enough to rely upon what I offer up each week and believe me when I say, I don't give two shits about what is popular, sells, or otherwise makes a splash, I love METAL and great tunes that will rock your jock off. I never care about impressing readers, clickers, bloggers or anyone, the bands who create innovative and great metal records deserve the nod.

I am not going to analyze this list, justify it in any way or attempt to school you, just watch the videos, check it out and judge for yourself. So without further delay, the TOP 20 METAL ALBUMS OF 2018


20. Sumac - Love In Shadow (Thrill Jockey)



19. Bloodbath - The Arrow Of Satan Is Drawn (Peaceville)



18. Behemoth - I Loved You At Your Darkest (Metal Blade)



17. Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love (Anti)



16. Khemmis - Desolation (20 Buck Spin)



15. Amorphis - Queen Of Time (Nuclear Blast)



14. Monuments – Phronesis (Century Media)



13. Yob - Our Raw Heart (Relapse)



12. Revocation - The Outer Ones (Metal Blade)



11. The Atlas Moth – Coma Noir (Prosthetic)



10. Psycroptic - As The Kingdom Drowns (Prosthetic)



9. Rivers Of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name (Metal Blade)



8. Arsis - Visitant (Nuclear Blast USA)



7. Skeletonwitch - Devouring Radiant Light (Prosthetic)



6. Zeal and Ardor - Stranger Fruit (Self)



5. Baptists - Beacon Of Faith (Southern Lord)



4. Architects - Holy Hell (Epitaph)



3. Anaal Nathrakh - A New Kind Of Horror (Metal Blade)



2. Tribulation - Down Below (Century Media)



1. Pig Destroyer - Head Cage (Relapse)



No comments:

Post a Comment