Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rest In Peace Mike Scaccia

Mike Scaccia, legendary guitarist for Rigor Mortis, Ministry and Revolting Cocks, passed away December 23rd on stage during Rigor Mortis' performance for lead singer Bruce Corbitt's 50th birthday celebration at the Rail Club in Dallas. According to several fans at the show, he collapsed on stage apparently suffering a seizure, and later died at a local hospital.

The details are sketchy right now, as this happened less than an hour ago, but the updates from Bruce Corbitt's Facebook page tell much of the story
"My brother is gone! The only reason I am who I am is because of this man. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't even be in a band. RIP Mike Scaccia! The greatest guitar player I ever knew!"
"I'm proud to say that I was always Mike Scaccia's biggest fan... and always will be!"
"We made our dream happen... we did it our own way... and it was all because of Mike Scaccia... he was Rigor Mortis!"
"I’m on an emotional rollercoaster… in shock…. devastated… just like so many others that knew and loved Mike. I’m a messed up and stressed out guy right now to be honest. I don’t want any sympathy myself… this is one of those unexplained moments in life that I will never really get over. I was probably the last person to look into his eyes while he was still conscious. After we found out he didn’t make it…. I was allowed to go in and say goodbye to him. I stood there and told him what he meant to me and my life…. I told him I loved him. But all of my thoughts are for Mike’s wife, his kids and his family. I hurt for them so much! Please everyone help support them through this. If I hear of anything that any of you can do… I will make sure to let you know.

There’s so much I wanna say about my longtime friend and bandmate Mike Scaccia. I will when the time is right. Right now I just want him to be respected and honored like he deserves. Not only for being such a unique and talented guitarist… but for also being such an amazing human being. So please put a picture of Mike as your profile picture today. Share old videos, old pics and your stories/memories of Mike… because none of us will ever witness anyone like him ever again."
 I will post more as the details come to light, for now, Rest In Peace Mike Scaccia, he was 47 years old.

UPDATE:

Post from Al Jourgensen from thirteentplanet.com

I JUST LOST MY LIL’ BROTHER AND MY BEST FRIEND – THE 13TH PLANET COMPOUND IS DEVASTATED,COMPLETELY IN SHOCK AND SHATTERED. MIKEY WAS NOT ONLY THE BEST GUITAR PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC, BUT HE WAS A CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE PART OF OUR FAMILY – AND I JUST LOST A HUGE CHUNK OF MY HEART TODAY. OUR LIVES ARE FOREVER CHANGED. LIFE WITHOUT MIKEY IS LIKE ORANGE JUICE WITHOUT PULP – KIND OF BLAND. I HAVE NO WORDS TO EXPRESS WHAT THIS GUY MEANT TO ME, MY FAMILY, MY CAREER….EVERYTHING! 
GET TO KNOW HIS LEAD PARTS – FOR THEY ARE IN THE PANTHEON OF MUSIC! UNFORTUNATELY, MOST OF YOU DIDN’T GET TO KNOW MIKEY’S SOUL -WHICH IS IN THE PANTHEON OF HUMANITY. HE IS MY HERO, MY FRIEND AND MY IDOL. MIKEY WAS ALWAYS BESIDE ME – MY RIGHT HAND MAN – THROUGH THICK AND THIN, THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY AND THE BEAUTIFUL. 
REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER, MY FRIEND, MY HEART. PLEASE PRAY FOR MIKE SCACCIA AND JENNY, HIS WIFE AND THEIR CHILDREN, AND HIS FAMILY…..AL

2 comments:

  1. I just choked. It just can't be true, seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to come off like an asshole, but that club isn't even in Dallas county, but in Tarrant right in Fort Worth.

    ReplyDelete