Thursday, February 23, 2012

Suffocation Parts Ways With Drummer, Maybe?

Has Suffocation parted ways with drummer Mike Smith? At this point nothing has been confirmed by Suffocation, although they did play a couple of recent dates with their old drummer Dave Culross. That of course is not the entire story, in a cryptic message left on Smiths facebook page he wrote:
There are not many things related to the suffocation brand I can honestly say brings me sadness. Except, the lack of pride that exists within those who have the “right” to claim the name as their own. 
This battle has been one that to any focused being, should make obvious sense but has evaded some for 2 decades. Within any foundation the weakest link will always cause all structure to crumble. 
The one fact that keeps me at peace is the fact that anyone who has ever seen or spoken to me regarding Suffocation and the industry as a whole, has always left with an understanding of the level of focus and pride that I personally hold for myself, the brand that is Suffocation and the genre we influence and helped create.As I´ve always said, if you are willing to put your time and soul towards anything at Be willing to speak truths, fight and bleed for it if need be.
I can't tell what this means, and with no statement from the band or label, we will have to wait and see what comes out the next few days. So far a simple tweet from the bands official twitter that they are not breaking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment