Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Metallica Announce Their Own 'Orion Music Festival'



Metallica have announced today at orionmusicandmore.com the birth of their own music festival, Orion Music and More (as you may have seen in the promo video above). Hand picking 22 artists for two dates, June 23rd and 24th in Atlantic City, NJ.

Apparently they are trying to incorporate several different lifestyle events and musical genres into one fest. So far the line-up is decidedly not metal, at all. The Sword, Avenged Sevenfold and Liturgy are probably the closest, but with Arctic Monkeys, Modest Mouse, The Black Angels, Roky Erikson, and Gary Clark Jr. will make for a more eclectic scene akin to Bonnaroo.

2-day passes are running $125, and front of stage will cost an extra $100, only if you are a Metclub member, and $150 for the rest of the schmucks out there. I have my opinions, but will hold and see how this shakes out in the next few days...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you! I permanently needed to write on my blog something like that. Can I include a portion of your post to my site?
    Zoom G1N Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

    ReplyDelete